- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- pinch of black pepper
- NY Style Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Take a 6 oz. dough ball and place on floured surface.
- Spread, with finger tips, to a 6 inch circle.
- Place 2/3 cup cheese mix on one side and fold over other side.
- Seal with finger tips making sure no cheese mixture is in the seal.
- Pinch the edge to assure a tight seal.
- Pat calzone to even filling inside.
- Check seal again for leaks.
- Repeat with the others.
- Place calzones on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cut a 1 inch slit in the top of each for venting while baking.
- Place in center of oven and bake for 10?12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce, warmed, either on top or on the side for dipping.