With family members coming together to celebrate the highly-anticipated Thanksgiving meal, holiday cooks everywhere spend hours preparing for the big day. To help ensure it’s a meal that will be remembered, Butterball is sharing expert advice earlier this year to make your Thanksgiving Day shine – where to find savings, go-to holiday recipes that are sure to please and ways to access Butterball’s expert advice via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Butterball Cookbook Plus app, Butterball.com and 1-800-BUTTERBALL.
Butterball has five key tips that will help with preparations for the big day, ensuring your holiday meal goes off without a hitch.
- Connect While You Cook: In honor of Golden Thursday – the Black Friday of turkey and Thanksgiving – we’ll offer gold-standard tips on Facebook and Twitter, share recipe ideas on Pinterest and deliver advice at your fingertips with the new Butterball Cookbook Plus app.
- Master the Menu: Finalize your menu two or three weeks in advance and collect the recipes and ingredients you’ll need to avoid forgetting anything. Be sure to check Butterball.com for gold-standard recipes – including a Turkey with 7-Grain and Squash Stuffing and Broccoli and Cheese with Turkey Bacon – and find at least one that you can prepare in advance.
- Shop Early for Savings: In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, keep an eye out for opportunities to save without sacrificing quality. Look for specials at your local grocery store, and check your Sunday newspapers for Butterball coupons and promotions. Also be sure to check out the golden coupon available on Facebook the week before Thanksgiving.
- Turkey Tool Set: Make sure you have the proper equipment – a pan for the turkey, a meat thermometer, Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, a large platter, sharpened knives and containers for leftovers – and that everything’s clean and ready for you to use.
- Turkey To-Do: Set aside some time to write a daily to-do list – that way, you don’t have to spend time thinking about what you need to do each day since you’ve already made a plan.